This certification course is a 30 hour course and attendance is mandatory at every meeting.
Must be at least 15 by the end of the class.
Must pass the following in order to complete the class:
- 300 yard swim test using Freestyle and Breaststroke nonstop.
- Tread water for two minutes with arms across the chest.
- Perform a timed event that requires a 20 yard swim, surface dive to 8 – 9 feet of water, bring up a 10lb. brick, and kick back to the starting point with the brick on chest and no use of hands.
Please bring proof of age to the prerequisite training (driver’s license, state ID card, birth certificate). Bring swim suit and towel to every meeting. Course materials will be provided.
Registration is limited to ten participants.
Register for one of our upcoming Lifeguard Certification classes below.
Junior lifeguarding, for ages 11 – 14, will be a transition from our upper swim lesson classes to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding program. This is not a certification course. Junior lifeguarding will introduce participants to:
- Skills needed to enter the American Red Cross Lifeguarding class
- Communication and decision-making skills
- Basic responsibilities of a lifeguard
- Basic knowledge and skills required to be a lifeguard
Pre course skill check Fri., May 4, 5 p.m.
Class days: Saturday, May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7, 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. each Saturday.
Instructed by Matt Hamblen and Holly Austin. Participants will need a swimsuit and goggles at each class.