TOGETHER WE’RE MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Thank you for volunteering to coach at the YMCA of Harrison County.
Here you will find some resources for the upcoming season as well as our volunteer application and links to our online trainings.
Downloadable Resources for Coaches
Youth Sports Parent and Coach Handbook: A handbook designed for coaches with information on all of the following; YMCA sports overview, risk and injury prevention, character development, practice guidelines and tips, working with parents and officials, coaches troubleshooting guide, and more.
Sports Specific Coaches Manuals: Each coaches manual is a sport and age specific guide for practices including warm up, fitness components, skills and drills, games and play, and team circles.
- Rookie Basketball Rules of Play
- Rookie Basketball Youth Sports Philosophy (ages 3-4)
- Rookie Basketball Youth Sports Philosophy (ages 5 – 6)
- Youth Soccer Rules for Ages 3 – 4
- Youth Soccer Rules for Ages 5 – 6
- Youth Soccer Rules for Ages 7 – 8
- Youth Soccer Rules for Ages 9 – 10
- Youth Soccer Rules for Ages 11 – 13
*Additional manuals will be added soon.
Youth Soccer Coaches Guides
To receive Text Alerts from the YMCA of Harrison County for youth sports programs, text the corresponding keyword to 84483:
Youth Soccer – YHCYOUTHSOCCER